By Doug Newman
“In war, the first casualty is the truth.”
– Aeschylus, Greek dramatist, 525-456 B.C.
Where were you on the morning of September 11, 2001 when you heard The News?
I was finishing breakfast and listening to Peter Boyles on KHOW 630 in Denver. I vividly remember him interrupting the conversation and saying something like “We have just received word that an airplane has crashed into one of the World Trade Center towers in New York.”
I turned on the TV set and saw a massive cloud of black smoke emanating from near the top of the first tower. And then – WHAM! – the second tower was hit. I couldn’t pull myself away. I called my boss and told him I was just going to be a few minutes late getting to work. “This is not a normal morning,” I said. He understood.
From that evening onward, I started asking questions.
- When I heard that Tower 7 had collapsed, I asked how. No airplane hit it.
- A few days later, it was revealed that a totally abnormal number of put options – i.e. bets that the price would drop – had been placed on United and American Airlines stock in the first few days of September.
- A few weeks later, it was reported that one of the hijackers’ passports was found in the rubble at Ground Zero. Yeah, right: a paper document survived a massive fireball.
- It also made no sense that a bunch of dorks who could barely fly Cessnas simply read the flight manuals for 737s and 757s, jumped into the cockpits, mastered the instrument panels in 30 seconds and flew like Blue Angels. How did they learn to fly passenger jets so adroitly when commercial pilots have to go through thousands of hours of rigorous training in order to earn their wings?
- Why did no one on the planes that hit the WTC and the Pentagon resist the hijackers? And why did no one resist on Flight 93 until after it had been commandeered?
- Why did the WTC towers collapse on their own footprints at free fall speed? Never in history, before or since 9/11, has a steel-framed structure collapsed due to fire. Yes, fires have done horrendous damage to such structures. However, the frames themselves stood strong.
However, I persisted in wanting to believe that it was an external terrorist attack until the early part of 2006, when the following video of the attack on the Pentagon was released. And then it all came tumbling down, if you will.
I then asked:
- What hit the Pentagon at the 0:25 mark? Was it a missile? Was it a plane? Was it Superman? It is not at all clear from these few frames of video.
- And was there just one security camera on the nerve center of the world’s mightiest military establishment? There are at least four in most convenience stores; there are nine at a nearby IHOP; there are 16 at the gym where I work out. And you want me to believe there was just one video camera on the Pentagon? I don’t want your oceanfront property in Nebraska either.
- Why was Osama Bin Laden never charged in connection with 9/11?
- And why did his “Most Wanted” poster not even mention 9/11? Calling 9/11 “(an)other terrorist attack” is like calling the Grand Canyon another hole in the ground.
- How come no other terrorist attack anywhere in the world since has involved even one percent of the sophistication of 9/11? Most terror attacks look a lot more like this.
So, you ask, if the official story is a hoax, what do I think happened on 9/11? The short answer is: I don’t know. However, this does not prove the official story. There are simply way too many holes in it. You need to question everything your government tells you.
“It’s everything I wish I didn’t know.”
– U2, Vertigo
Assuming the worst – inside job! – why would the feds commit such a hideous crime against their own people? Just know that there are two governments in this country: the one you see and the one you don’t see. And it is the latter that really runs things.
“I wish I didn’t know now what I didn’t know then.”
– Bob Seger, Against the Wind
This shadow government has been plotting for over a century now to bring down America by undermining its political, economic, social and religious institutions. They wanted three things: a police state domestically, war abroad and the death of the dollar. They have gotten the first two and will probably get the third in the next few years.
I believe the assault on the Branch Davidians near Waco, Texas, in 1993 was a trial balloon to test just how much they could get away with. Since they could get away with killing 80, why wouldn’t they kill 3000?
Both Herman Goering and James Madison knew that if you just drum up enough fear about a foreign enemy, you can convince people to relinquish their liberty. Since 9/11, the American people have accepted unthinkable intrusions on their liberty in the name of security. There has been only minor public resistance to the sexual assault and pedophilia that are now conditions of travel in the United States. Lew Rockwell has pointed out that neither the Nazis nor any communist regime ever claimed the power to feel up their subjects.
If you are so devoid of self-respect that you welcome having yourself and your children sexually violated as a condition of movement, you will allow your government to do absolutely anything!
Even if the official 9/11 story is true, it was not grounds for war. It was an attack, not a military invasion. The proper, moral, constitutional response to terrorism is a letter of marque and reprisal, which is a warrant to go after the specific perpetrators. Identify the perps, track them down, apprehend them and try them subject to the protections of the Bill of Rights. Since it is wrong for foreigners to kill innocent Americans, it is just as wrong for Americans to kill innocent foreigners.
Since 9/11, America has started wars in Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya and – let’s be honest – Pakistan. We are attacking Yemen and Somalia with predator drones, and we are threatening war with Syria and Iran. The price tag for this is several trillion dollars. We cannot afford it. This, along with absolutely heedless spending on social programs, makes up what I call The Big Bleed on the American economy.
Major General Smedley Butler served in the United States Marine Corps for 33 years. Twice, he was awarded the Congressional Medal of Honor, the highest decoration an American serviceman can earn. When it was all said and done he wrote a profound essay entitled “War is a Racket.”
He wrote: “A racket is best described, I believe, as something that is not what it seems to the majority of the people.” The War on Terror is just this.
The two most expensive things a government can engage in are welfare and warfare. The left loves welfare and the right loves warfare. And while they talk differently and appeal to different fan bases, neither knows any restraint on in its spending in either area. Is there a Zimbabwe in our future?
Whoever wins the election of 2012 will very probably preside over the demise of the dollar. Moreover, they will know this before they assume office.
Does daring to question the official story on 9/11 make me a blithering nut job a la Rosie O’Donnell? If you think it does, what is your point? The Klintons and Obomber believe the official story, just like The Decider and Deferment Dick Cheney.
I would invite you to visit www.patriotsquestion911.com. It features interviews with well over 3000 pilots, military veterans, intelligence officers, policemen, firemen, first responders, medical professionals, architects, engineers, survivors and family members of those who perished on that horrible morning – i.e. people with skin in the game – who don’t buy the official story. Also go to www.nyccan.org and www.rememberbuilding7.org.
Malcolm Muggeridge, the late great British journalist, one remarked that people believe lies not because they have to, but because they want to. We seek security in all the wrong places. Too many Americans just cannot believe that their government – or at least their party – would lie to them.
“… ye can discern the face of the sky; but can ye not discern the signs of the times?”
We believe oh so arrogantly that ours is an “exceptional nation” and thus exempt from the laws of history and from God’s Judgment. Hitler did not come to power in some Third World stink hole, but rather in a nation so sophisticated in so many ways. And he did so because the German people were absolutely desperate for a political savior that they allowed him to do whatever sounded good.
The Bible prophesies – Revelation 18 – of an absolute economic colossus that was rendered worthless in a matter of an hour. Is God talking about America here? I think so.
This September 11, by all means mourn the tragic loss of life that happened on 9/11/01. However, don’t buy into endless deluge of lies put out by the government and its sock puppets in the press and – tragically – the pulpits.
What truly ails this country will not be fixed by a new president, congress and courts. Nor will it be fixed by bombing the crap out of countries all over the world. True national healing will only come about if enough of us humble ourselves before our Maker, repent of our multitudinous sins, and turn from our wicked ways.
“If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.” – II Chronicles 7:14
Dear Lord, let this humbling and repentance begin with me.