As I told my Facebook people:
1) Amendments have never restrained Congress.
2) The American people are more than happy to applaud breaches of the Constitution when either (a) there is $$$ in it for them, (b) Uncle Sam is “going after” somebody else or (c) THEIR president is in office.
If there was ever a people that got exactly the government they deserved it is the American people in 2013.
The proposed 28th Amendment reads:
Congress shall make no law that applies to the citizens of the United States that does not apply equally to the Senators and/or Representatives; and, Congress shall make no law that applies to the Senators and/or Representatives that does not apply equally to the citizens of the United States.
1. Should we support this? Let’s think it through: Ours is a Constitution of “enumerated powers” only. See “Congress’ Enumerated Powers”.
2. The problem is that Congress, the Executive Branch, and the Judicial Branch IGNORE the Constitution.
3. How would an Amendment fix this? Why would any Branch of the federal government apply any such Amendment the way you think it should be applied? How could any Amendment MAKE them obey the Constitution, when they don’t obey it now?
4. The reasons they disobey the Constitution are these: They want to, and We the People wanted them to. …
View original post 652 more words