Yes, Gary Johnson is the Libertarian Party nominee for President. And yes, I cast a lukewarm vote for him for president in 2012. While he certainly understands that the most awesome constitutional power the executive has is that of the veto, we really need to ask how truly libertarian is he?
I’ll leave this article here and let you decide.
- And this article as well.
- And this article too.
- And he would have Mitt Romney in his cabinet.
- And he backs a CO2 “fee” in the face of climate change.
- And he is apparently OK with forced vaccinations.
- And this from the Ron Paul Institute.
- And about his VP pick William Weld….
He does have some upsides – the veto pen, legal marijuana, far less foreign intervention. However, it would have been nice for the Libertarians to actually nominate a libertarian.